What are dark circles and why do they occur?
There is a reason for dark shadows
- Our lifestyle is often responsible for causing dark rings around the eyes: partying through the night, a glass of wine too many or smoking will result in a lack of oxygen in the blood.
- If you do not eat a balanced diet, you will often suffer a lack of vitamins and minerals: if your body lacks vitamin C, iron or zinc, the first signs of the deficiency may be dark circles under your eyes.
- Dark circles can sometimes also have a medical cause. But don’t worry! Speak to your GP about it on your next visit.
- Do you suffer from hay fever and rub your eyes a lot? Frequent rubbing irritates the sensitive skin and can exacerbate dark shadows under the eyes.
- Spending long hours staring at a computer is a great strain on the eyes and can also be a reason that dark circles form.
- Underlying psychological causes? Stress at work, worry about exams or anxiety can also be reasons for dark circles under the eyes.
Special creams for dark circles under the eyes
Rapid response: diminish dark circles with tinted care
Apply concealer either with a fine brush or with your finger tip right under the eye and smooth it in evenly. Blend carefully so that you cannot see the contrasting colours. Alternatively, you can use Cellular Perfect Skin Eye Care with tinted micro pigments, lumicinol and magnolia extract daily. It immediately corrects dark areas under the eyes and dark circles, reduces puffiness, moisturises and refreshes the eye area and even smooths laughter lines.